TAFE NSW are looking to offer the Certificate IV in Wool Classing in a number of locations in 2023.
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Wool Classing enables you to become a professional wool classer registered with the Australian Wool Exchange (AWEX).
Build your career in wool handling and wool clip preparation and be part of a prestigious and profitable industry. This is nationally recognised training with traineeships allowed.
- Class wool to industry code of practice standard
- Manage shearing and crutching operations
- Prepare wool clips for sale
- Liaise with woolgrowers and brokers to determine classing strategies
- Work safely to meet WHS requirements
- Implement and monitor quality assurance processes
The course will include combination delivery which is part time, with a mix of online evening sessions 7pm-8:30pm two nights per week, and practical sessions two days per month February-November at specified locations over a Thursday/Friday or Saturday. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
Locations include Cooma, Goulburn, Young, Yass. (Yass, Cooma & Young subject to minimum enrolment numbers of 10).
Get in Contact
Yass News to your inbox
Sign up now for the latest news from the Yass Area direct to your inbox.