The NSW Regional Business Event Development Fund is designed to help create, attract and support business events for regional NSW and to support new business event infrastructure projects.
The Fund aims to enrich these business events with opportunities offered by iconic towns and regions, while helping secure successful conferences and events for regional NSW.
The two streams of the program are:
1. Creation, attraction and/or support for a business event – to encourage towns and regions to create their own new conferences and business events or assist rural and regional NSW to secure conferences, business events and major expos. Funds must be used to drive increased visitation for the event.
2. Support for a business event project – to support small-medium scale infrastructure projects designed specifically to support the growth of business events in a destination in regional NSW.
What level of funding is available?
Grant funding (from a pool of $750,000 excluding GST) will be available as per individual event or business event project guidelines below:
- Up to $15,000 (ex GST) for a business event with up to 150 delegates (projected attendance)
- Up to $30,000 (ex GST) for a business event with over 150 delegates (projected attendance)
- Up to $50,000 (ex GST) for a business event infrastructure project where the venue can accommodate up to 250 delegates
- Up to $100,000 (ex GST) for a business event infrastructure project where the venue can accommodate more than 250 delegates.
Funding is to be matched dollar-for-dollar by the applicant. The final amount of funding offered to a successful applicant will be determined by the assessment panel based on information provided in the application.
Each application will be assessed on a competitive basis using comprehensive scoring criteria to determine successful events and projects.
Applications must be submitted prior to midnight on 31 March 2023. Register and submit your application here: https://meetinnsw-2022-23.dnswextranet.com.au/
Get in Contact
Yass News to your inbox
Sign up now for the latest news from the Yass Area direct to your inbox.