There’s much excitement just over the hill at Young on the eve of the National Cherry Festival.
The organisers are wondering:
- Will the longest ‘pip spit’ record be broken again this year?
- Who will be the 2022 Cherry Pie Eating Champion?
- Whose will be chosen as the Cherry King and Queen?
- And the biggest question of all - how fast and how clean can you pick a lug of Cherries?
There is so much fun and entertainment in store at the 2022 National Cherry Festival:
- If you can sing, then busk, or dance away to the live music
- Wonder at the fireworks
- Join in the lively street parade
- If you love cherries, try your hand at picking your own, or purchase delicious cherries freshly picked and lovingly packed in the carton from orchard stalls
- Come along to the Big Breakfast on Sunday morning in Anderson Park. You are sure to enjoy the Bush Poets and Working Kelpies there.
Ditch the car and use the continuous courtesy bus which will pick up on a loop from the Showground, Caravan Park and Library.
Have a look at the program to plan your visit: https://nationalcherryfestival.com.au/online-program/
Get in Contact
Yass News to your inbox
Sign up now for the latest news from the Yass Area direct to your inbox.